Friday 6 June 2014

Two Weeks Down...

I've been at Camp Sloane for almost two weeks now and this Spring season has been pretty excellent. I've loved getting back into the swing of things and basically have the run of the place... being able to just have a wander around, or have a go on our brand new climbing tower, or even take some boats out on the lake for an evening is part of the reason I love this place so much!

Climbing our awesome new tower (that's me on the left!)

A few more people have started arriving already and then tomorrow we get the first big load of arrivals as the supervisor and lifeguard training starts on Sunday! I'm super excited to see all my returning friends (whom I havent seen since camp last year!) and am also really looking forward to meeting all the newbies too... these next few weeks of training are always fun, getting to know people and work out who's going to be living where and what activity they'll be working in.

Taking the boats out on the lake

If you're making your way to camp for the first time (or have just arrived at your camp for the summer), I hope it's going to be awesome for you! Just remember, you will probably feel a bit weird at first, especially with all these returners around you who haven't seen each other in a year and are ridiculously excited to see each other... they are all lovely people I promise. Just try to be yourself and get involved in EVERYTHING as much as you possibly can, and you'll soon feel just as at home as everyone else seems to.

My favourite view in the whole world!

You can find out what's going on at Camp Sloane YMCA by 'liking' our Facebook Page, or following us on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment