Saturday 31 May 2014

Oh It's Good To Be Back!

So I've finally made it halfway across the world and I'm back at Camp Sloane YMCA for the summer. I've been here just under a week now and I am loving being back in my home away from home. There's only about 10 of us at camp at the moment (and for the next week until supervisor and lifeguard training starts), so it's a lot of fun having camp all to ourselves! I always love being one of the first to arrive, getting the lay of the land and settling in before the mayhem of staff the summer really begins.

This past week has been pretty busy, full of random jobs around camp, preparing for the kids to come. During the Spring season we also have groups come to camp with whom we do all sorts of activities, ranging from canoeing to hiking to fishing to creative arts. For the three days after I arrived we had a primary school group of the loveliest kids you'll possibly ever meet and we had so much fun showing them around camp, doing initiatives and games with them, and challenging them to work out all our camp riddles or, as we like to call them, 'never tell' games.

I've been doing some bits and bobs to start preparing for this summer's Media program, which I'm in charge of. There's been a lot of ideas floating about for new videos and classes and it's all exciting stuff, if not a little stressful at the moment, just because I haven't quite had time to wrap my head around everything I need to do yet... give me another week and I'll be entirely sorted though!

That's about it for this week. Next week a lot of my friends whom I haven't seen for about 8 months are going to be arriving AND it's my birthday (birthdays at camp are the BEST), so it's going to be a pretty awesome time!

For those of you that aren't at camp yet and are so excited you can barely sleep (I know I was), don't worry, it'll come around soon enough!

The greatest kids ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment